2009 - 2010
2007 - 2008
- "Bicycles - Amsterdam" has been accepted for inclusion in the Splash 11 (2010). A sepia ink drawing done on the Greek island of Napflion, titled Sunset Town Center, Napflion will be in North Light’s Book on drawing titled Strokes of Genius 2.
- Sept 09 - I am pleased to report that my paintings have been published in Collection and Appreciation (PDF) Magazine in China, and Chinese Watercolor Quarterly (PDF). My new e-mail friend Zhou Tianya is responsible for making this happen and I want to thank him for his efforts. Tianya is a wonderful watercolorist and won First Place in this year’s International Show of the Watercolor Society of Houston.
- Nov 2010 Article: Southwest Art Magazine - Catching the Light "..McCracken’s long career in architecture and marketing gave him much more than a chance to experience original art around the world. It honed his already detail-oriented mind, trained him in drafting and photography, and was responsible for taking him to a place where he met the perfect watercolor instructor."
- I am the featured artist on this month’s (September ’09) web site for Trekell Brushes, http://www.trekell.com/Featured-Artist_ep_41.html.
- American Art Collector magazine will include my painting Silver & Crystal with Magnolia in its March 2009 story about Still Life Painting, www.americanartcollector.com.
10 - Details (2009) - Edited by Rachel Wolf, Published by North Light Books - View Book on Amazon
2005 - 2006
- International Artist - Oct / Nov 2008 - Click Here to View (PDF)
CREATIVE LIFE, Up Close with Local People in the Arts - Laurin
was featured in the Fort Worth Star Telegram on May
11, 2008. Click
here to view the story.
- Watercolor Magic - Dec 2007 - "Striking Silver "(PDF)
Celebration of Light: Painting the Textures of Light
in Watercolor, by Jane Freeman - Available
on Amazon - Published
by North Light Books, 2007
- Watercolor Society of Alabama - 2007 OnLine Exhibition - Laurin's Reflections in Silver was awarded top honors
- Old Forge Hardware Award - 2005 Adirondack National Exhibition of American Watercolor
- Daler-Rowney USA Award and Degas Pastel Society Award - Louisiana Watercolor Society 35th International Exhibition
- Da Vinci Paint Co., Inc and St. Cuthbert Mill Award - 28th Annual Juried Show, Aqueous 2005 of the Kentucky Watercolor Society
- Board of Directors' Award - 28th International Exhibition Watercolor Art Society - Houston 2005
- Award of Merit - 28th Annual Juried Exhibition of the Southern Watercolor Society
- Totally Transparent Watercolor Award "Best of Show" - 29th Annual Juried Exhibition of the Tennessee Watercolor Society
- Golden Brush Award - 27th Annual Juried Exhibition of the Southern Watercolor Society
- Patrons of the Arts Awards - 55th Annual Exhibition of the Texas Watercolor Society
- Connoisseur Brush Award - 36th National Exhibition of the California Watercolor Society
- George Sponable Memorial Award - Adirondacks National Exhibition of American Watercolor
- Daler-Rowney USA Award - Pittsburgh Watercolor Society Aqueous 2003
- Delores Rogers Memorial/ Rosemarie Cardoso Award - Philadelphia Water Color Society 103rd Anniversary International Exhibition of Works on Paper
Contact Laurin McCracken at email@example.com| © Laurin McCracken